Thursday, December 24, 2009

Don't Worry:(Be Happy:)!

*When Bobby McFerrin first sang his classic song,"Don't Worry,Be Happy,"I felt as if he were singing my thoughts to the world.I have struggled a lot in early age of life.I have a very dark side,a side that has struggled a lot with depression.I spent most of my professional career studying,learning,struggling,and writing about happiness and related topics.Still,i m struggling to create own identity in life.I believe,If you stop struggling,then you stop life.I've always known that,despite resistance and objections from the more serious segment of society,people have an innate capacity for happiness.And when we are happy,we not only enjoy our lives more than when we are not,but we are far more competent,productive,and creative.Without the internal distractions of anger,depression,frustration,and especially worry,our relationships flourish,stress is diminished,new doors are opened, and our lives run smoothly.I began to look carefully at the people I respected and admired,people who had "made it"in their given fields except politics.I looked at writers,athletes,media person,businessmen and women,entertainers,speakers,therapists, entrepreneurs,corporate executives,and other professionals.And what I learned amazed me!While there were certainly all types of people—women, men,conservative,liberal, left-brained,right-brained,street smart,Harvard educated,and so on—who had made it really big,there was a thread of consistency that ran through virtually everyone:They didn't worry about money!:)
Interestingly enough,the lack of worry preceded the success,and was not a by-product of it.An inner,unshakable confidence permeated their entire existence.They were creative problem solvers,great negotiators, and clever creators.They had an ability to see the big picture,they knew the formulas for success.And the best part of it all was that,in almost all cases,it appeared that the nonworriers,the successful people I was studying,truly loved their lives and the way they spent their time.They had fun!:)
So much in my life began to change,especially the way I related to people.Failure didn't concern me as much,criticism was handled in stride,rejection seemed like information to guide me in a new direction instead of something to immobilize me, hurdles seemed less like obstacles and more like opportunities,and everything,all of it,seemed like more fun.I had more energy,worked a lot smarter,surrounded myself with good people,caring parents and terrific teachers,and watched my creativity and confidence soar.I tried things I never would have dreamed of attempting.Not everything turned to gold,but some of it did.And that which didn't,always turned out to be a great learning experience at early phase of life.In The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success,Deepak Chopra discusses this "law of giving." He describes giving and receiving as two sides of the same coin. The more you give,the more you get back.He's right!But you don't give because you want something. You give because giving is its own reward.It's fun.As you learn to worry less, you'll also learn to trust your heart as much or more than your head.While you will be doing better in different aspects of your life,you'll also be doing more for other people.You'll be far less preoccupied with success;yet ironically,you'll become more successful,much more.You'll trust that everything will be okay.And it will.
Mother Teresa reminds us,"We cannot do great things on this earth.We can only do small things with great love."I have certainly found this to be true.However,I have also discovered,as have thousands of others,that as we worry less we are more willing to do those small things with great love.Rather than postponing the giving of our time,energy,ideas,or money,we learn to give freely,from the heart.
I cannot adequately put into words how good life can be when worry is diminished.For me,abandoning worry has opened a world of possibilities for both my inner and outer worlds.Life without worry has opened new doors and created freedom thatuntil a few years ago,I never thought were possible.So,"don't worry;Be Happy"—I know this can happen for you,too.I personally strongly believe that everything happens for a good reason as it is in some way helping you to achieve what you are trying to do in life.
Remember"It is not work that kills men,it is worry.Work is healthy;you can hardly put more on a man than he can bear.But worry is rust upon the blade.It is not movement that destroys the machinery,but friction.":)Finally,i wanna say It’s okay if you disagree with my points as this world would be a boring place if everyone thought the exact same.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment